Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Happy 5th Birthday, Ethan!

 The night before my little man turned five, we did as we have done every night for awhile.  He brushed his teeth, got his milk, was tucked in with Corduroy, and we read his favorite books.  It really is the simple things in life that are the best!
 The next morning he got up early, and we looked at his baby book while waiting for little brother and sister to wake up.   When I mentioned what a cute baby he was, he quickly said, "Mommy, five year olds are NOT cute!"  I still can't believe we are at this "not cute" stage.  Oh my!  After everyone was up and ready we went to the Jacksonville Zoo and children's hands on museum.  It was a great day celebrating our little man, and we finished off the day with cupcakes and a pinata with his friends at church.

Ethan, five years ago, I had no clue the impact motherhood would have on our lives.  You are our greatest gift and have changed us for the better in so many ways.  God has such a special plan for your life son.  One full of adventure and purpose, if you chose to follow Him always.  You are an answered prayer and such a wonderful big brother.  Your compassion for others and caring spirit are such a blessing.  You are so smart and funny!  The way you try to protect your sister is a treasure.  I love having you sit with me in church, and seeing you want to be involved in the service.  My prayer for you is that you will always love Jesus with all of your heart, soul, and mind.  I love you little man!  No matter how old you get, you will always be my cute baby boy!  Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment