Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Eliana's 1st Birthday!

 Little girl, you have brought about such delight.  From your darling smiles to your shuffle dances to keeping up with your big brothers we have loved each moment of you being in our lives.  We know that God has beautiful things in store for you, but for now I just want this time to slow.  I want to savor each day, each hour, each minute of being your mommy for it is one of my greatest gifts (apart from salvation and your Daddy).
 That God would bless me with your amazing Daddy and with three miracles I am humbled and reminded once again that all is grace, and in this journey of motherhood, I need grace upon grace heaped upon me.  For you three little dears have been my greatest joys and shown me my greatest weaknesses.  I am reminded daily of my shortcomings, and that in my weakness He is made strong.
 So I pray with Hannah, "'For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition which I asked of Him. Therefore I also have lent him to the Lord; as long as he lives he shall be lent to the Lord.' So they worshiped the Lord there." 
 The Sunday following your first birthday, we dedicated you back to God and His service (with both your Granny, Nana, & Papa there), but we also dedicated ourselves again to be parents that please God. We hop you will know that before any other thing we want for your life is a deep rooted love for God.  Yes, I want you to grow up and be in ministry and give your life away for the sake of the gospel, but if you love God with all of your heart all these other things will fall in place.
 Oh, Eliana Joy, how we love you and are so thankful for your precious life. We are so blessed to be your, Ethan, and Elliot's parents. You three truly are joys.
Love you forever, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment