Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Mommy Theology- The Art of Worry

Why is it that talk of trusting God is pretty easy, but actually following through can be so difficult?  We sing the songs "Only Trust Him," "I Just Keep Trusting My Lord," and quote Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart..."  Even telling someone else, "Trust God.  He's got this!" can be a simple task; but when it's your child, your marriage, or your loved one--you know the words; but worry still creeps in.  We are human, and God understands every need we have.  So with this need to trust Him,God tells us in I Peter 5:7 to "Cast all your cares on Him, for He cares for you."

Last week, my mama did not get the news we were hoping for.  It is not a bruise on her spine, but the doctor confirmed a tumor.  We still are unsure if it is malignant or benign, and in three months she will go back for a test to determine how quickly it is growing.  That's all I know.  After getting this news, worry crept in ever so quickly--all the "what ifs."  I cast them vehemently at His feet, but not very long after, I picked them up and began toting them all over again.

This worrying stuff and the giving it all to Jesus is a process...a journey.  Every time these "what ifs" plague my thoughts, I have a choice to make.  Trust God and rejoice or trust myself and worry.  I will not even try to convince you I make the right choice every time.  Worrying happens to be something I am really good at.  Yet, with Psalm 28:7 I can boldly declare, "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; therefore, my heart rejoiced; and with my song I can praise Him."

No matter what you are dealing with or worrying about today, God is your strength and your shield.  He most definitely can be trusted!

Psalm 62:8 "Trust in Him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart to Him, God is a refuge for us.  Selah."

No comments:

Post a Comment