Saturday, December 7, 2013

Mommy Theology- God of Every Detour

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Detour- a change in direction.  Possibly divine intervention of a coming danger or a warning.  When road work is happening, detours often keep us safe from difficult roads. We may not know where the detour is taking us at the time, or even the route along the way; but it is for our good. At times, God places a detour in our lives that we may not understand; but He is orchestrating events in our lives to bring Him glory.  After much prayer, and sensing the Lord's leading our family has experienced one such detour. 

A week ago, Joshua resigned from pastoring First Free Will Baptist of Carthage.  We are still praying for God's direction as to where we are to go from here, but trust that He will provide.  We thank Him for the lessons learned in this place of ministry and the people we have met; but know from various circumstances and His leading that we are to serve Him in another capacity.  Please, be praying for our family as we seek His will.  We know He is for us, and will guide us every step of the way. 

Isaiah 55:9 "For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."
Two songs that have been a blessing to me lately are from Laura Story's newest CD.  Just wanted to share the choruses and tags that have spoke volumes to this momma.

*Where can I run in times of trouble?
Where can I turn when hope seems lost?
I find my strength within Your shelter
You will not fail though the night is long

 Who is like our God?
Mighty in the battle
Your Majesty be lifted high
Who is like our God?
He reaches for the broken
Jesus hears me when I cry
*He's the God of every story,
He sees each tear that falls.
We may not understand but one thing is certain.
He is faithful, He's a faithful God.

His ways are holier
Than we could ever comprehend.
When our world is shaking,
He holds us in the palm of His hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment