Tuesday, January 29, 2013

What is my ministry?

Lately, one question has been coming to mind.  Being at home with our precious boys keeps my days pretty full...Joshua is the Pastor of the church we attend and he faithfully serves in his various ministries of preaching, door knocking, visiting church members and nursing homes, studying Scripture, some maintenance and so many other things.  The boys and I get involved where we can...like Wednesday nights I "teach" our nursery class; we go visiting with him when nap time doesn't interfere; and we go to the nursing home with him on Thursday.

But I'm so used to actively having a place in ministry or discipleship, and now with two boys it seems to be coming to a halt at times between diaper changes, feedings, and loads of laundry.  I am not complaining in the least!  And before it sounds like it, let me clarify; I LOVE BEING A STAY AT HOME WIFE AND MOMMY (S.A.H.W.M.)!!!  But there are days when I wish I was more involved in my husband's ministry.  Recently, I was encouraged when reading "She looketh well to the ways of her household..."  and "Every wise woman buildeth her house..."  and it clicked!  The ministry that the Lord calls me to daily is motherhood!  He has given me two little lambs to guide, guard, and train in his ways.  (I am thankful for my wonderful husband who does watch the boys for me so that I can have a ladies lunch and attend the WAC meetings at church.)

One day, my boys will be grown, and I will miss these precious times we have right now. There will be plenty of time for me to pour into our church ministry one day sooner than I would like to imagine.  Today, I am going to do all I can to train up my children in the way they should go.  Part of that training will involve serving alongside Joshua, but I am so thankful for the ministry of motherhood that God has called me to.  I am praying for opportunities to minister with my boys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment