Saturday, January 5, 2013

Hope for a New Year and 2012's top 12!

Happy 2013 dear friends!  One passage I would like to begin the new year meditating on is Lamentations 3:22-24 "It is of the Lords mercies that we are not consumed,because his compassions fail not.They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him."  I am so glad that our hope for the new year is not in "turning a new leaf" or "becoming a new you"  our hope is in the Lord! 

Even though I have made a short list of resolutions like starting a mom to mom group with our ladies, reading a certain amount of books, losing the baby belly, and being intentional in my relationships with the Lord, my husband, our boys, family, and friends; my hope doesn't rest in any commitment to become better, for the Lord has my best in his plan.  Yes, the fiscal cliff is looming; the President was not my pick; sin is running rampant in society; and I worry about the generation my sons will grow up in--my hope is in none of these circumstances, but is solidly placed in the Lord.  Psalm 130:7 "Let Israel hope in the Lord; for with the Lord there is mercy, and in him is plenteous redemption."  Jeremiah 17:7 "Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is."
Twenty twelve was a great year with many fun memories in it.  So here it is the Horton's top 12 of 2012!

  



7. Rocky Point Lighthouse VBS,



12. Jimmy Pyer's Ordination
(Sorry for the funny layout, but my computer was acting up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment