Tuesday, December 18, 2012

"I Saw Salvation"

Lights, Camera, Action!  We are praising the Lord for His grace and making our church's Christmas play even more than we could have imagined.  We are so proud of all of our kiddos and adults who did an amazing job acting and singing tonight!  I really don't think there was one glitch in the whole performance!  It started out with a fabulous rendition of "Jingle Bells" premiering Miss Devoni, and led into the life of Simeon and Anna possibly with events that could have occurred.  With a finale of "Simeon's Song"  and Simeon with Anna seeing the Messiah and the Lord's promise come to pass.

I have to brag on my Joshua just a bit... to say watching his script come to life tonight was amazing would be an understatement!  I am such a proud "stage wife."  His vision for the production and seeing it come together was spectacular.
We are thrilled about the eighty people who were in attendance tonight.  We are so thankful for all of the friends, parents, aunts/ uncles, grandparents who came out to support their loved ones!  We are also grateful to the churches who announced the play and those who came as a result of the radio announcements.  As Joshua and I were taking home one of our girls after church we were discussing how things went and possibly how many visitors were there.  She piped in "Eighty-one were there."  We asked who she heard give the count and she said, "I was so nervous; I was counting all the people staring at me while we were singing our duet!"  Ha!  I love it :)

There were so many individuals involved making this program possible.  I couldn't possibly name them all, but I would like to thank
*our cast for their faithfulness to practices and their hard work.  
*the ladies who worked behind the scenes on getting the costumes ready.
*the light technicians.
*our sound lady- she did a fantastic job!
*the babysitters :)
*all of our ladies who prepared food for the fellowship meal following the play- Joshua says thank you for all of the fried chicken!
*most importantly those who prayed for God to be glorified.



No comments:

Post a Comment