Waiting on God- Part 1
Psalm 62:1 “My soul waits upon God from Him comes my salvation.”“Wait, son.” “Not right now; we’ll play outside after naptime.” After Ethan turned two, it seems as if our patience is in training together. I am learning patience right alongside my two year old. His energy and excitement make waiting very difficult for him...and waiting is definitely not one of my strong suites. I like to plan- to have the course of the day mapped out. When Joshua and I married, one lesson I learned quickly is that it can be fun to see what happens with out a plan, and just “play it by ear.” So many good surprises have come along in these three wonderful years we have been married. Ethan is definitely one of those blessings! Yet, I still like to plan out our day…to know what the future holds. With God, I am learning that sometimes He gives you a glimpse of what the future may hold. But at other times, he simply says wait my child.
To be frank, I began the book with a let’s just check this out attitude; thinking that I would just switch to another book in a few days. As I read the first few chapters, I was not impressed. His writing style is attractive, but I thought “what does waiting on God have to do where I am in life now?” Finally as I wrestled in my heart as to whether or not continue the study, I came across a few quotes that have really challenged me in the season we are in now. We are happily serving the Lord in
He interned in Brasil for nine weeks while we were dating, and I had the opportunity to help in
1. Wait on God for Supplies Psalm 145: 14-15 "The Lord upholdeth all that fall, and raiseth up all those that be bowed down. The eyes of all wait upon thee; and thou givest them their meat in due season."
2. Wait for God's Instruction Psalm 25: 4,5 "Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day."
3. Wait on God for Strength and Courage Psalm 27:14 "Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord."
4. Wait on God with All your Heart Psalm 31: 24 "Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope (wait) in the Lord."
5. Wait on God in Humble Fear and Hope Psalm 33:18-22 "...Our soul hath waited for the Lord: He is our help and our shield..."
6. Wait Patiently Psalm 37:7,9 "Rest in the Lord, wait patiently on Him...those that wait on the Lord, they shall inherit the Land."
7. Wait on God while keeping His Ways Psalm 37:34 "Wait on the Lord, and keep His way, and He shall exalt thee to inherit the land."
*"Put your power in God's omnipotence and find your deliverence in waiting on Him." A. Murray
*"[Patience] honors God and gives Hi time to have His perfect way in us."
*"Our waiting on God can have no higher object than simply having his light shine on us, in us, and through us, all day."
I hope to begin part 2 of this post soon. God is teaching me so much about waiting patiently.