Thursday, December 22, 2011

What a Difference One Man Made

Seeing him walk out of the pecan shack with a hearty hug and warm welcome was more of what I had envisioned.  Eating the traditional Christmas Eve dinner with homeade pizzas, mini hotdogs, fried chicken, and all the fun fixins'; then singing carols, sharing testimonies, and listening to Daddy read the Christmas story and sharing a devotion before presents were exchanged was definitely in the plan.  But watching him move from this world to the Heavenly Kingdom isn't quite what I had in mind for our Christmas trip to Carolina this week.

All the family
Granddaddy made a difference wherever he went.  Bringing laughter to the room and a smile to each face were his objectives.  He never met a stranger, and if he did they didn't remain that way for long.  He taught me so much about how to always do your best, keep a neat appearance, and that your testimony is extremely important.  His sweet smile and love for life are what I will miss most.  I have heard many people say what a wonderful man he was and how he touched their lives.  One things for sure-he made a difference in mine!  I hope to live my life with the vibrancy that he did making each day count to the fullest.


Ethan loves his "Gndaddy"!

Celebrating 60 years of marriage!
Loving on his beautiful bride.
 Granddaddy, you will be missed more than you will ever know.  How I wish I had just one more day to hear you tell of how you and Memaw met, and listen to your stories of serving your country.  Another opportunity to eat a meal with you and watch you enjoy each bite then tell Memaw it was the best one she ever made.  See the look of adoration in your eyes for your precious Bride, and watch you work together as a perfect team.  But most of all I just want to give you another hug and kiss on the cheek, and tell you how much I love you.  So Granddaddy, even though you can't read this and I wouldn't wish you back for spending Christmas with Jesus is far grander than celebrating here; I just want to say that you made a lasting impact on my life.  Merry Christmas!







Click here.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. He was certainly always welcome in Alabama. We enjoyed each of their visits. I am so sorry for your loss, but we do Know that he Knows HIM and he is in a wonderful place, just as Nana is!

    Merry Christmas!

    Love,

    Aunt Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was one precious man

    Love u all

    Connie Johnson

    ReplyDelete