Monday, May 9, 2011

One Special Love

 Happy Mother's Day from the Hortons!
 
"Mother, I've watched you since I was old enough to see
That someday I'd be like you and someone will be watching me.
For though I know youre human, you don't seem that way to me
If I was granted one wish, it's like you I'd want to be.
 And it takes two special people with one special love,
For a Mother and a daughter that's what close friends are made of
God gave us a purpose and a lifetime to see
Why we should be so thankful that he gave you to me!"

Momma and I sang this song a couple times at different mother daughter banquets.  Today, I'm living that first verse, and seeing those two little eyes look at me like I look at my Momma.  I'm thankful for my Mother and friend!  She is a special lady who has made many sacrifices for her family.  I never fully understood her love like I do now.  Thank you, Lord, for my Mother.

2 comments:

  1. Stephanie, you do have a very special mother! She is very special to me and has had such an influence on my life! I loved her from the first moment i met her in the 3rd grade! Tell her I said hello and I love her too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, you do have a special mother. She is very special to me and has been such an influence on my life! I loved her from the first moment I met her in 3rd grade! :-) Tell her I said hello and I love her too!

    ReplyDelete