Friday, August 20, 2010

Celebrating Ethan's One Week Birthday

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This digital slideshow made with Smilebox


Our baby boy was ONE WEEK OLD yesterday! And what a week it has been. We checked into the hospital last Wednesday afternoon, after finding his amniotic fluid was low at a Doctor's appointment that morning. We were given a little jump start into labor that night, and induced on Thursday at 6 am. After while, Dr. Coker decided that Ethan must be delivered quickly and we had a C-Section. He was born at 11:09 am, on August 12, weighing 7 pounds and 12 ounces!

We enjoyed introducing him to family and friends at the hospital Thursday afternoon and Friday. We were so glad that both of our families were able to be with us for his arrival. We were discharged from the hospital on Saturday around noon, and Ethan did very well for his first car seat ride!

After a couple days at home, Mimmi came down for a few days to help us recuperate and rejuvenate. We have enjoyed having her visit and spoil Ethan. She has been a blessing as she has helped around the house and care for me and Ethan.

Beautiful Smile & Bright Eyes

Ethan has been a joy and a delight from the first moment! I remember the first time I held him, and I just cried with joy for the gift God has given to us. The Lord has blessed me beyond measure to live out my dream of being Joshua's wife and Ethan's mommy. I truly believe that God specifically made me for such a time as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment