Tuesday, March 23, 2010

20 Weeks & Counting

Daddy, Mommy, & Ethan at 20 weeks

Today marks the halfway mark of our prenatal journey. I can't believe that Ethan will be twenty weeks (or less) away from D-day! What an amazing journey it has been thus far. There is no greater sound on earth than hearing your unborn child's heart beat for the first time, watching him squirm and kick on an ultrasound machine, or dream of the things that you wish to teach and show him. With the nursery well underway, we are getting more excited each passing day. I find myself drawn to that room at times, which I am also compelled to go there at others (laundry, anyone?). When I do enter the nursery sometimes I can't help but wind the musical mobile and just listen and think about just a few short months down the rode. Wow!!! I'm going to be a Mommy! Other than the calling of Wife, I don't know of any higher calling I could be given.
Ethan's is definitely showing!!!

Well, according to the book I've been reading (What to Expect When Your Expecting) little Ethan is the size of a small cantalope, approximately ten ounces (not pounds!) and six & a half inches long now. He sure has been doing alot of growing lately! I may be feeling him squirm around a little bit here and there but not completely sure due to an anterior placenta. Thankfully it will not bother Ethan, and will probably adjust itself in a matter of time. How amazing is God's work in our little boys life; He is forming and shaping Ethan into His image. I pray that with Israel's leader Joshua our family will declare, "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." For I feel as the apostle John did, "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are following truth."

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link. We miss you guys, but we're soooo proud of the work you're doing the family you've become. Tell Josh hello from us, as well. Keep in touch!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mrs. Elizabeth! You are always such an encouragement! I sure do hope we'll be able to see you soon. Will you be at Camp Meeting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, we won't be at Camp Meeting. We'll be in Moldova during that time. We're leaving on the 12th and will be gone until May 16th. Cannot wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We hope you have a safe and fruitful trip. We'll be praying for you guys. Josh says hi and he misses you guys.

    ReplyDelete