Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Love Worth Celebrating

As valentine's day approaches, I have been excited about celebrating our first love day with my husband. Yet, each time I mention something about V-day, he reminds me that our love is celebrated every day and not just one day a year. The last week he has bought me a few "Valentine" gifts, and I thinking he would have me wait until Sunday am surprised as he gives them to me "early." Each time saying, "Do I need a reason to show you I love you?"

This has brought me to reflect on my Father's love. About two thousand years he demonstrated ultimate love as He gave His only son to pay for our sins so that we would not have to. This is not a love to be celebrated and remembered only one day a year, which most would assume is Easter, but everyday. I think like my husband, each time God blesses us he asks, "Do I need a reason to show you I love you?"

God's love for us is so deep, so wide, so high that we can not nor would we want to escape it. Each time we fail Him, He extends His loving arms of forgiveness and embraces us yet again. We can not ever comprehend how greatly God loves us and wants to demonstrate His love for us. When I was a young girl, my parents shared with me God's deep, unconditional love and I accepted Him as my Savior.

I have grown to love Him more each day, yet exploring the depths and vastness of His love is like an endless frontier. I can never know the breadth of it, but continuing to explore the terrain is what the Father expects.

Thank you Lord for your endless, unconditional, unfathomable love toward us.

No comments:

Post a Comment