Friday, February 5, 2010

God's Been Good

Life's storms are not meant to make us bitter, but to make us better for God's service.

Looking back at the goodness of the Lord has been a joy lately. I have been blessed to have godly parents who were willing to follow the Lord's leading and serve Him. Enjoying a close knit family where vacations, reunions, and get-togethers were frequent are blessings I do not take for granted. Having the security of family, a great school, and church are just a few of the blessing I grew up with. Now I am blessed with the most wonderful husband who is the love of my life and best friend. God answered every prayer and dream I had of a husband in Joshua. We are now excited of God blessing us with a child that should arrive in August.

Yes, life has had its trials...sometimes seeming to sail out of one storm right into another. But through each storm, God has shown His power, provision, and goodness. When I didn't know when the sun would shine again, God sent a little sunlight through the clouds to get me through the tempest. Remembering the trials God has brought me through reminds me that there is no need to discuss the details just knowing of His goodness is enough.

I am thankful for the calm sea my husband and I seem to be enjoying at the moment. We have been blessed with a wonderful church, friends, and ministry. Yes, things may come up but knowing that God will get us through and knowing what He has already done in our lives puts our hearts and minds at peace. I love how an authour states, "The way not to worry about anything is to pray about everything."

One song that has been special to me ever since I heard it is God's Been Good." Please, read the lyrice and be blessed by remembering what He has done in your life.

Lately I've been looking back, along this winding road.
To the old familial markers of the mercies I have known.
I know it may sound simple, but it's more than a cliche
There's no better way to tell you than to say

God's been good in my life
I've been blessed beyond my wildest dreams when I go to sleep each night.
And though I've had my share of hard times, I wouldn't change them if I could.
Cause through it all, God's been good.

Times replay and I can see that I've cried some bitter tears.
But I felt His arms around me and I faced my greatest fears.
You see I've had more gains that losses, and I've known more joy than hurt
As His grace rolled down upon me undeserved

Chorus

For God has been my Father, my Savior, and my Friend
His love was my beginning, and His love will be my end
I could spend forever trying to tell you everything He is
But the best way I can say it is this
God's been good in my life
I feel blessed beyond my wildest dreams when I go to sleep each night.
And though I've had my share of hard times, I wouldn't change them if I could
Cause through it all, God's been good.


No comments:

Post a Comment