Sunday, December 6, 2009

23 candles on my cake, 23 kisses when I wake

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Birthday Celebrations
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

The Lord has blessed me with twenty-three years of life. I just pray that I will follow Him and stay in the center of His will for the next twenty-three. At twelve o'clock on Thursday morning my amazing husband said he couldn't wait any longer for my to open the gift he had gotten me for my birthday, so willingly (and gladly) I opened the beautiful Beauty and the Beast snow globe. He had even had it personalized "Joshua & Stephanie: Forever & Always." He is so romantic. Then about twelve hours later, he took me out to lunch after we had made a few visits. Around dinner time, he had me open another gift. A beautiful Wedding snow globe of Cinderella and Prince Charming that he had personalized "The Hortons: June 6, 2009" is what I was surprised to find underneath the wrapping paper.

I feel so blessed to have been married to Joshua for six months. It is a dream come true.

This weekend Momma and Daddy came down to celebrate my birthday with us. We had a great time and enjoyed watching a local Christmas program. Then Josh and I cooked lasagna. As we were ready to put all the ingredients together, I remembered, we don't have cottage cheese. So my wonderful husband went to the grocery to get a rather key ingredient. The celebration continued with cheese cake and presents. One of my favorite gifts was the mistletoe!

Because our Pastor was out of town, Josh was able to preach in the Sunday morning and evening services. A special thank you to Mr. and Mrs. Strickland for ministering toJunior church in our absence.

Well, like many of you, our calendar is full from now until Christmas. We are excited about the Junior and Teen Christmas parties, the Kid's Christmas play (and practices), adult Christmas parties, Candle light service, and other fun activities. It doesn't seem to slow down much after Christmas until Valentines day either. We are excited about what God has in store.

May God bless you this Christmas season as you celebrate our Savior's birth. Let's remember that even though we exchange gifts among ourselves and the decorations need to look just so, it's His Birthday we are celebrating! May the thought, "Happy Birthday, Jesus" be close to our hearts and minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment