Monday, November 9, 2009

Looking for Redbirds

Look for the Redbirds, give God the glory. Look for the Redbirds everyday! Don't be discouraged He'll never fail you. God will send a Redbird your way.At Faith Church in Goldsboro, our ladies had a theme of Looking for the Redbirds and giving God the glory. The theme was adapted from Mrs. Marlene Evans' book Rubies, Redbirds, & Rainbows. The idea is that when you see a redbird (cardinal) cross your path it is a reminder of God's goodness and faithfulness. It is like the token of good that David described.

Now redbirds are not always a real live cardinal; they can come in the form of symbolism as well. For example, when my husband washes the dishes or helps me fold the clothes that is a redbird to me. It is an encouraging reminder that God loves me and is always faithful. Now I get just as excited when I see an actual Redbird fly across our path as we walk around our neighborhood or if I see one perched up in a tree.

Redbirds can come in two forms--personal encouragement and encouraging others. The personal Redbirds are the ones like a life verse (mine is Psalm 62:8) or your favorite song playing on the radio. Things that brighten your day and again remind you of the goodness of God. For me, church is a Redbird, being around brothers and sisters in the faith is a great encouragement to my soul. Ladies meetings and Bible studies are another. Being around our kids we pick up on Sundays and Wednesdays is another example of a personal Redbird.

Not only can you look for the Redbirds, but YOU can BE a REDBIRD!!! You can encourage someone else. A kind word, a smile, a thoughtful or thank you note, small gifts can bring redbirds into someone else's life. I think that it is so neat how we can be a reminder to others of God's love, goodness, and faithfulness.

So next time you see that beautiful cardinal fly across your path or perched up in a tree, remember, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords loves YOU and is looking out for your well being. He can use you to encourage and be a redbird to others.

Psalm 86:17 "Shew me a token for good; that they which hate me may see it, and be ashamed: because thou, LORD, hast holpen me, and comforted me."

No comments:

Post a Comment